the new york football giants
03 August 2006 ¬
" Dazed and Confused.. Shockey Day-to-Day.. A New Giants Cheering Section: the Boo Birds? "
Jeremy's still seeing stars after taking an elbow to the face during Monday's practice by ex-Raven and potential double-agent Will Demps, sending Shockey to the turf head-first. The good news? It's the first concussion of Jeremy's career. The bad news? He's still sensitive to light, his motor skills are shaky, and he suffers from insomnia. "Don't get too close, I might get sick," Shockey told reporters on Wednesday. Yeah, me too.

On the bright side, this opens the door for Visanthe Shiancoe and ex-Saint/third string backup Boo Williams to make a bigger impact at camp. Honestly, I didn't even know Boo Williams was still playing in the NFL after being run out of New Orleans until I saw him at camp. Who knew? And how can you root against a guy named Boo? He's probably spent his entire career not knowing whether people loved him or thought he was a bum. Okay, so he hasn't caught a touchdown pass since 2004, a year in which he fumbled the ball (twice) as often as he saw the end zone. But those are just numbers.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boo Williams simply needs someone to show him the way. He got a lot of attention back in the day, but none of it went towards discipline. That's Coughlin's middle name. Sinec Boo doesn't have to be the man, maybe he'll be able to develop properly and be a sneaky little option for Eli Manning.

As far as Shockey, it's all karma. He decided to practice in Miami and then said some remarks that could be misconstrued as talking bad on the coach. Well, karma came back and put him on his knees by way of Demps.

What does that mean for die-hard Redskins fans like me? Don't throw to Demps' side of the field!

8:40 AM  
Blogger z said...

Yeah, Demps is a big addition to an already solid D. As for Boo, it remains to be seen, although technically I think he's actually a fourth-string behind Sean Berton.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I think you've done a very nice job with your blog. I have had a chance to browse your site and I think many people would enjoy reading it. I would like to link to your site from my site.

For the past few months I have been working on my site www.writeonsports.com. It is still in the process of being developed and will be finalized in the next month (or so). The premise of the site is to provide a centralized area where independent people, who like to write on sports or read about sports, are able to find articles/authors they enjoy. As part of my website, I am going to provide a "sportsblog library". This will provide readers a searchable data base to find the sports teams that they enjoy reading about. I would like your site to be part of the sportsblog library. If someone searches for the Giants they would be able to find a link to your blog.

I am not looking for a straight listing of all the blogs that relate to each team; I am looking for a place where someone can go and find a well written blog that offers information to the knowledgeable reader. I think your site provides such a quality. As such, I would like to invite you to be listed in the sportsblog library.

Anyway, I look forward to your response and I hope you will accept my invitation.

Thanks,


David Crowe
Write On Sports LLC
dcrowe@writeonsports.com
www.writeonsports.com

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home