the new york football giants
03 September 2007 ¬
" Okay, I lied. "
I'm a dirty, lying liar. For the first time since I've been out in Albany, I missed Giants Training Camp this year, despite living less than a mile away and having about a month of opportunities to go. I was caught up at work most of the time. Lay off.

The season kicks off in less than a week against T-Ro, TO, and the Dallas Cowboys. There's a lot I wanted to say about New York coming into this season but never had a chance. Here's the quick and dirty summary:

1) Of course Strahan came back. He got taken to the cleaners in divorce court. You don't make 4.5 million managing the night shift at Denny's.
2) Love Kiwanuka at LB. He needs to be on the field as much as possible. He'll be everything Mr. Nickles was supposed to be in 2006 and more (although he was guilty of some blown coverage in the preseason. He still needs to feel out the position.)
3) Calling it right now: Brandon Jacobs, 1,350 yards, 13 touchdowns, 30 receptions, 275 yards, 1 touchdown. Please reserve your "I Told You So"s now, as they will be in very limited supply by Week 16.
4) If you haven't seen the Aaron Ross highlight video yet, get excited. I hate Sam Madison.


In summary, football football football football football football football.

2 Comments:

Blogger Middle Relief said...

All right, we'll let you slide on the training camp thing.

I cannot remember a time when I was not looking forward to a season of the Giants more than this one. The year when I knew Dave Brown was going to be the starter came close, but outside of that, I have a pretty glum view of the coming season.

It is not Eli, not Shockey, not Jacobs, Plax, or anyone else. Love the team. I hate the head coach. Tom Coughlin is meant for life at the college level, not the pros.

The guy does not inspire confidence and wish the Giants canned him at the end of last season.

What are we looking at in the NFC East in your view?

3:30 PM  
Blogger z said...

I've got New York 10-6, Dallas 10-6, Philadelphia 9-7, Washington 8-8.

And I don't know how Coughlin still has his job either.

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home